The Smiley icons provide an overview of performance and can be interpreted as actual consumption in relation to the projected baseline period during 2013; therefore the sad red thumbs down smiley face indicates consumption is 5% above the baseline; the happy green thumbs up smiley face indicates consumption is 5% below the project baseline with the yellow smiley face indicating no change.
The baselines are calculated from the last 365 days of consumption data for the same building. The target is always to reduce wastage and this is indicated by a reduction in consumption levels compared to the baseline period.
The Council House - Facts
Occupants: 202 (78%)
The Council House is used for all Council and most Committee meetings; The Council Chamber regularly houses the Council in session – the present seating allowing for 120 members (3 from each of the City's 40 Wards).
The Council House was officially opened on 31st October 1879 and is a Grade II* listed building inspired by the Renaissance palaces of 19th Century Venice and designed by Yeoville Thomason. The front, facing Victoria Square, has a pediment showing Britannia receiving the manufacturers of Birmingham. Built around a central courtyard from which the Council Chamber, Banqueting Suite, Lord Mayor's Parlour and Committee Rooms lead, Birmingham Council House remains one of the nation's outstanding Victorian buildings. Its central location offers the citizens of Birmingham greater access to the democratic process and is still the official office for the Lord Mayor and leading members of the City Council.