The Smiley icons provide an overview of performance and can be interpreted as actual consumption in relation to the projected baseline period during 2013; therefore the sad red thumbs down smiley face indicates consumption is 5% above the baseline; the happy green thumbs up smiley face indicates consumption is 5% below the project baseline with the yellow smiley face indicating no change.
The baselines are calculated from the last 365 days of consumption data for the same building. The target is always to reduce wastage and this is indicated by a reduction in consumption levels compared to the baseline period.
Margaret Street - Facts
Occupants: 160 (45%)
A Grade II*listed building built by Ashley & Newton in 1912/13, built in stone in an Edwardian Renaissance style with banded rustication on the ground floor and giant pilasters on the upper floor. Within twenty years of being completed the Council House was already overcrowded and an extension was needed.
The Gas Dept. occupied the ground floor, the upper floors being used for an enlargement of the Art Gallery which after gifts from John Feeney, the proprietor of the Birmingham Daily Post became known as the "Feeney Art Galleries". They were joined to the rest of the Council House by a dramatic single span bridge over Edmund St. Completed in 1919.